Have some St Patricks Day themed fun in your math class while still having high level learning with the following activities. I have read through every idea here and only linked activities that are free and high quality. All of these are ones I would actually do with my students.
Free Math Games and Activities for St Patricks Day
- Rainbow Fraction War. Practice comparing fractions with this colorful and fun printable card game from E is for Explore.
- Skittles Fraction Challenge– TPT freebie for 4th/5th grade practices comparing fractions and finding fractions of a set.
- Skittles Circle Graph from Teaching With a Mountain View.
- Lucky Coins game (a Singapore Math idea) practices addition facts to 18 and has students using a little strategy too.
- Four Clover is a simple and flexible game that can be used for partners or small group to practice either addition or multiplication
- Patterning and word problems with Lucky Charms cereal
St Patricks Day free STEM projects
Leprechaun Trap STEM– Teacher Created Resources has a free printable activity and student recording sheet that covers simple machines, measurement, and identifying 2D and 3D shapes.
For homeschoolers who want to teach woodworking skills, here is another variation on the Leprechaun Trap from Rosie’s Research
Coin Bridge STEM– While this site is for homeschoolers, the activity from Apologia Science would work just as well in a class setting. It contains free printable instructions and discussion questions as well as a link to a video.
Make Rainbow Slime
Free Printable Logic and Critical Thinking
- Find printable St Patricks Day logic puzzles, Sudoku, cootie catchers, code breakers, and magic cubes at Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Free St Patricks Day logic grid puzzles at TPT
- Shamrock Paths using Pascals Triangle at Math Wire
Free Printable St Patricks Themed Arithmetic Practice
Math Drills has a wide variety of themed printable practice pages for patterning, addition, multiplication, comparing numbers, and mixed operations, as well as some cartesian art and word problems for middle schoolers.
It’s not technically math but here are some super fun low prep Minute to Win It games for St Patricks Day from Not So Wimpy Teacher. They build team work skills and class morale as well as fine motor skills!
For Preschool and Kindergarten
- Playdough pot of gold number mats
- Painting number bond rainbows
- Roll and Color for preschool/kindergarten (practices one more/one less)
- Roll and Graph for kindergarten
- Skittles Graphing Activity (Taste the Rainbow) from Golden Gang Kindergarten
- St Patricks Day addition and subtraction practice with ten frames for K/1 from Math Geek Mama
- Printable emergent reader St Patricks Day counting books from You’ve Got This Math
- Grid Math Game for preschoolers to practice one to one correspondence
- Printable number puzzles for preschool/kindergarten
- DIY Rainbow craft stick counting puzzles for preschool
- Preschool Montessori activities